Thursday, 10 April 2014

How did you attract/address your audience?

I have used various conventions ensuring that I appeal to my audience effectively. The main image for example s eye catching to the audience due to the fact that she is dressed entirely in black apart from the red lipstick and hair accessory. These also may be considered conventional for the genre that I have chosen. The colours Red and Black are almost stereotypical concerning this genre. A rebellious and dark look that relates to teenagers as well as the rock genre as a whole. So this magazine is attending to the needs of the audience as well as upholding the conventions of the genre. Since the main image has a certain colour palate, I have also decided to use these colours as a house style for the magazine which links them together as well as makes the front cover professional and presentable. This is also a convention of a magazine (having a maximum of 3 colours in your magazine). I have also made sure to use bands of this genre which are new up and coming as well as old but just as popular. This could leave the audience open to more variety in which the audience may find appealing. I have also used a plug on the front cover of my magazine, which includes receiving a free CD, this would attract the audience since it is a CD which is most likely worth more than the magazine and everyone enjoys free stuff. A competition on the contents page which allows you to win a free guitar if you were to win, this has more people participate in this means that the magazine shall gain a larger audience.  

Peer Feedback - Graphs 






I also asked...

What changes do you think could be made to improve my final product?

The vast majority said that if anything were to be changed then it would be the Double Page Spread. Due to the fact that it is slightly out of place compared to the rest of the magazine since there is a clear housestyle difference, that being the box in the background. Also the contents page would have needed more feature stories for the audience since it is conventional to have many. Especially since the original magazine that I was studying was a Kerrang! magazine which had many feature stories. l product?

No comments:

Post a Comment