Why was it useful?
Producing this focus group video was useful due to the fact that it helps ensuring my ideals of what is ment to be put into a music magazine, what the demographic is and how they respond to the contents in various magazines. I was able to collect valuable information and what they want to look for in a magazine and what they would think there 'Perfect' magazine would be if they were to encounter it. Things such as posters that may be included as well as any tickets and other various free-bees that you may find in magazines.
How has it helped me in the decisions I will make when creating my magazine?
This focus group has proved that everyone has there own ideals of what they want there magazine, such as genre. But they all have the same ideals of what conventions they wish to see within the magazine. Again things such as posters, tickets and even CD's as well as the usual articles and updates on their preferred bads. But due to the fact that they are a younger audience, I should strive to us and adapt new ideals and designing techniques to make sure that I draw in their attention. So sticking to the traditional conventions within a magazine but trying to adapt it to the younger audiences eye.
Did I find out something I did not expect to?
No, I didnt think that there was anything that surprised me to a point were I thought that changing that within the magazine would be absolutely necessary. But I did find out that,due to the increase and development in technology, some poeple wish to purchase magazine digitally on Apps and other various Websites. This was something that I did not look into and I surely will for extra research.
What was my general findings?
General things that I found out would be the fact that they wish to see all of the normal conventions within a magazine and wouldn't want to change it. They would want the usual things that you find in any magazine which would be known as the Plug. Posters, Tickets and CD's would be welcomed and ensure that more would purchase it. They stated the bands and artists that they listened to and this really reflected on the fact that they are truly a younger audeince since they are into the latest bands and artisrs. Specific ones that have taken over the music industry and have in some cases adapted the genres to create new ones such as the Classical Rock which eventually adapted to Metal through the decades.
Has it made me change any of my initial ideas?
No, I had the idea in my mind of what I was going to do and it still stands since the focus group has confirmed that what I am going to do shall be pleasing to the audience since it has most of what is requested.
No comments:
Post a Comment